This wisdom of Benjamin Button
Benjamin Button is probably one of the better films that I have seen recently. The idea of the story is fascinating and the characters are very distinct. Most importantly, as I quote from the bf, it shows the symmetry of time, something that exist in our daily life but are not conscious of…
Here are some of my favourite quotes.
- We are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss
- Life can only be understood looking backward. It must be lived forward
- For what it’s worth, it’s never too late, or in my case too early, to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit… start whenever you want… you can change or stay the same. There are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that stop you. I hope you feel things that you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life that you’re proud of and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.
- We were meant to lose people. How else would we know how important they are?
- Along the way you bump into people who make a dent on your life. Some people get struck by lightning. Some are born to sit by a river. Some have an ear for music. Some are artists. Some swim the English Channel. Some know buttons. Some know Shakespeare. Some are mothers. And some people can dance.